Life in a Pictory
- Photography Workshop Retreat -
- Photography Workshop Retreat -
“It is within us that landscapes become landscapes.
That is why if I image them, I create them.
If I create them, they exist.
If they exist, I see them.
Life is what we make of it.
Travel is the traveler.
What we see is not what we see, but what we are…”
Following our experienced and award winning photographer, we discover life and express
“what we are” through the lenses…
Length: 2 days, 1 night
Not only that we will learn the technical skills about photography from our talented photographer, but also, we would like to inspire a life of self expressions, mutual understanding and conscious awareness of pure being within.
China, country side (each time a different location)
About the Coaching Photographer
Introduction to our coaching photographer - Damiano Colla, Born in 1972, Varallo, Italy.
After graduating in communications/linguistics, he has been working many years in the
sales sector. And now currently based in Shanghai, China.
Photography is his passion, especially Reportage, Street Photography and taking pictures of people in their activities.
In the last years, he has been awarded several prizes and actively participates various projects:
- Venice, National Photo Contest by the Tourist Board of the Venice Area, selected to appear on the Tourist Board Calendar.
- Winner at the Rotaract Club Valsesia Photo Contest.
- “Luce f/ratto Tempo” Personal Exhibition at Palazza d’Adda, Varallo, Italy.
- Exhibition @ Castello D’Albertis, World Cultural Museum, Genova, Italy.
- Finalist at the International Photo Conbtest ‘Premio Chatwin – Images from the World, organized under the guidance of and with Elizabeth Chatwin, eventually awarded the 2nd prize for his Shanghai Reportage.
- Selected for being published in Maxartis Book, the annual publication of the Italian Photo Website.
09:00 set off Shanghai, direction small village of no fame…
11:30 arrival the village, walk around and enjoy the local lunch
12:30 visit the local culture, streets, handcrafts, exchange experience with the community
13:00 photography basic theory
- Categories of photography
- Basic techniques
- The principal of image composition
- 10 rules for good photography
14:30 explore the surrounding streets, markets, see different local workers in their daily duty
15:30 continue the picturing in the village with coach
17:30 practicing picturing in the dusk, waiting for the lights of the town…
18:30 local dinner
20:00 arrival guesthouse, share our day
22:00 sleep tight
06:00 rise with the sun, commit to a renewal with all vitality within…
06:30 catch the dawn in the picture
08:30 breakfast together and briefing of the day
09:30 enjoy the nature and practice picturing
12:30 lunch and catch our breath, have a break
14:00 final sharing and free time
15:00 summary then return
16:30 return shanghai
19:00 arrival shanghai
A private mini-bus will be arranged from/back to Shanghai downtown.
Place: (unless notified diferently)
Zhongshan Park Subway Station, Line 3-4, Exit 3
Beside the 7-Eleven shop
The meals will be country side local dishes, fresh vegetable and meat cooked on the traditional way. Simple and Healthy.
Should you have especial requirements, please let us know beforehand.
We stay in local guest house that we chose according to their good service commitment.
Arrangements are usually twin bedrooms and occassionally in a shared dormitory.
Friendly and Familly atmosphere. Clean and simple.
(Need to be prepared by each participant)
- Hiking shoes
- Hiking Jacket & Pants
- Warm layers
- Rain Coat
- Quick dry T-shirt
- Personal toiletries and towel
- Drinking bottle (not soft plastic as often the refill is with boiled water and it melts)
- Small bag to carry your things during the day
- Weather protection according to the season
- Your own camera and lenses
- USB cable, Memory card, battery & charger (recommended a 2nd spare memory card & battery)
- Tripod for the Night Photography session (If not, there is one that can be shared)
Click on the side link and follow the procedures.
Upon reaching the minimum amount of participants you'll receive an email with the last details about the trip. Usually 2 days before the departure.
If we couldn't reach the minimum amount of participants we will postpone or cancel the activity.
Price: 699 RMB
Payment is done on site, directly collected by our Tour leaders.
No need of a deposit, however we kindly ask you to keep us updated if after booking you couldn't attend. Thank you.
Minimum 10 persons, Maximum 15 persons
Private Groups & Team Outings:
Chose a date and we can arrange this trip only for you (price is in proportion of group size).
- Transportation From & Back to Shanghai
- Insurance (Click here for details)
- Meals as per itinerary
- Guiding & Coaching
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Activities and expenses not mentioned in the itinerary and personal shopping
Enjoy your vitality, devote to the Present and experience nature with serenity… See you soon!
Be one completely with whom we are observing…
feel the same feeling, laugh the same laughter,
we will realize life will not separate by eyesight, we see “what we are”
“For me it is very important that photography means telling something... you know somebody writes stories, others paint, I take picture. So it is important to find something to tell...” – Damiano
扼要介绍一下我们的摄影师-- Damiano Colla, 生于1972 年, Varallo, 意大利.
- Rotaract 俱乐部 “Valsesia 摄影比赛”冠军。
- 意大利Varallo d’Adda 广场“Luce f/ratto Tempo” 个人摄影展。
- Genova 意大利，世界文化博物馆 摄影展 @ Castello D’Albertis。
- “Premio Chatwin – Images from the World”国际摄影大赛最终入围者，最终获得第二名，参赛作品上海报道。
- 选入Maxartis 年册，意大利摄影网年度刊物。
- 好照片的10 条原则
- 自用的水杯 (住所有茶水提供)
价格 : 699 元
至少10 人 至多 15 人 团队
重要的是找到那些自由表达灵魂的瞬间…” -- Damiano